Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jack Daniels X EL TORO



Jack Daniels celebrated its birthday this year by organizing events all across the United States. The first stop was Ohio and the 2nd stop was here in Philadelphia at Ladder 15. I think the next one is in Miaimi and a few in Texas. It's great to be a part of the celebration and really wanted to thanks the guys from Hive, Jack Daniels, Ladder 15 for inviting me to paint for the event. Also, thanks to Junobo for providing the paint for the piece. I think this is the first time Junobo has been used to paint a full piece rather than just catch tags with it. I had a great time using it and filled very nicely.

I started around 7:30 with the bottom bubbles. the highlights on the character and also stenciled the Jack Daniel's logo on it. already painted before hand. I was worried for a split second that I wasn't going to have enough time and also around 11:30 it started misting. My deadline was at 1o'clock and I finished around 12:30. Immediately after that I drank some delicious booze. Downed a couple Jack n Cokes and capped the night with a pint glass of some Jack Daniels fruit punch. That went down like hawaiian punch on a hot summer day. I definitely paid for that last drink on my way home. Luckily I kept everything in and made it home safe. By the end of the night I was feeling great and came home with a new Jack Daniels shirt, a new belt and a JD wooden belt buckle. Had a great time that night and looking forward to more events like this in the future.

No comments: